Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pink Perfection


I started really making jewelry not too long ago - about 2 years just before my husband and I went on our trip around the world in 4.5 months.

I was so in love with making jewelry (and my then boyfriend :) ) that i couldn’t bear the thought of not making it for so long. But we were on the road, literally living out of a car and i couldn’t carry everything I needed with me....

It was 2.5 months into our trip when i walked into a little shop in Queenstown, New Zealand and found myself surrounded with beautiful beads from all over the world.




This is the lakes in Queenstown - Amazing!

There was a little table with different types of mussel shells and I just loved the Canadian pink mussel.

I have a few pieces that i carried from that shop through New Zealand, Hawaii and New York. Once of those pieces was used to make these cute earrings. They are super light and fun and totally remind me of NZ.


1 comment:

  1. althogh i'm not a big fanof pink, those look nice, the story is nicer.... :)

    ReplyDelete