Friday, July 13, 2012

A Tulip A Day

I wrote the shop's about page in Etsy today and I realized its a nice intro so why not share it here...

So my friends and Family call me Tully but my husband changed it a bit a started calling me Tulip. I loved it, because I love the flower and the fact he always uses that nickname when he is being extra sweet to me. That’s why I used it in the shop, the name makes me feel special and I hope my jewelry makes the person wearing it feel special too.

I didn’t really wear a lot of jewelry because growing up I worked at a horse stable and couldn’t really wear it, so in the last 8-9 years I’ve been making up for lost time. It started with a fascination with jewelry - window shopping, buying, wearing.... around 2008 it grow into an interest in making it myself.

I started with simple things using beads but then in 2010 I decided I want to know how to work with metals, precious metals to be exact. So i took 3 lessons in a small shop in Tel-Aviv and started testing out my abilities.

I've been making jewelry since those lessons, learning on-line and from trial and error and there have been a lot of errors :) but I enjoy the process.

I really believe jewelry should be unique so I only make 1-2 copies from a certain piece (usually once in gold and once in silver) because I think people want and appreciate that special touch and knowing that they are not going to see someone else wearing the exact same thing.

I started the shop on Etsy after selling a few pieces independently and I hope to reach a wider audience for my jewelry but to maintain the same concept - a few unique or custom pieces a week that I can share with people who will enjoy and appreciate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment